Tuesday, March 31, 2009

MICROTEACHING REFLECTION – THURSDAY, 07.00

ANNOUNCEMENT
From : Mr. Rohani
For : TEFL 2 (Thursday, 2 April 2009, 07.00-08.40, B3-218)
Re : Online Assignment

HELLO EVERYONE,

Because I am attending a seminar, the face to face class on Thursday, 2 April 2009 will be replaced with an online assignment as follows:
A. Work in groups of four.
B. Carry out a microteaching using the reading passage and reading exercises you have prepared. You can do the microteaching anywhere you like. The duration is 15 minutes per teacher.
C. Write a “Reflection Essay” (650-700 words). Publish the essay on this blog under “MICROTEACHING REFLECTION – THURSDAY, 07.00”. Click on “Comment” to publish your essay.
D. Write your full name and student number on top of your essay.
E. Under your name, write the names of your group members.
F. Write the essay individually.
G. The essay should answer the following questions:
1) What is the objective of your lesson?
2) What is the reading passage about?
3) What kinds of reading exercises did you prepare?
4) How effective was the exercises as you used them in the microteaching?
5) What have you learned from preparing the reading exercises and doing the microteaching?
6) What should you do to improve your material and the microteaching?

Publishing Tips:1) Type your essay in Microsoft Word.2) Edit it carefully.3) When you have finished with the editing you can publish it.4) To start publishing it click on the link “comment” below this instruction. 5) Copy your text and paste it on the "leave your comment" space.6) Click on the icon “publish your comment”.7) If you do not have any Google or Blogger account, you have to sign up first.

HAPPY MICROTEACHING.
FEEL THE EXPERIENCE.
SHARE THE LESSON.
Mr. Rohani

33 comments:

  1. Name : Rizka Diviyanti
    Student numb. : 2201406577
    Name of groups:
    1. Atik Hidayah (2201406604)
    2. Evi Uswatun Khasanah (2201406503)
    3. Ratnawati (2201406584)

    In making lesson plan, one essential elements should be included is stating the objective. It is very important for us to state what we want students to achieve from the lesson. If we set the objectives, we can evaluate students’ success after the lesson. Here, I teach reading class for junior high school at ninth grade. I also set some objectives so that clearly for me to state what students will do until the end of the chapter. These are the objectives:
    • Students will comprehend and produce at least ten new vocabulary items.
    • Students will read and understand five main groups of musical instruments.
    • Students will distinguish five main groups of musical instruments.
    • Students will know names and pictures of instruments.
    The type of reading texts I give to my students is report text. It is about musical instruments. There are five main groups of musical instruments. They are stringed instruments, wind instruments, percussion instruments, keyboard instruments, and electronic instruments.
    Stringed instruments make tones when the player makes one or more stringed vibrate. The violin, cello, and guitar are stringed instruments.
    Wind instruments are played by blowing into or through a tube. The player controls the sound by placing the fingers on hole the instruments or on keys that covers holes, or by pressing valves that make the tube longer or shorter. The flute, trumpet and saxophone are wind instruments.
    Percussion instruments have keys connected with a part that makes tones. The musician presses the keys to make sounds. The piano, harp, and pipe organ are keyboard instruments.
    Electronic instruments use electricity to make sounds or to make the sounds louder. Electric guitars, synthesizers, electronic pianos, and electronic organs are electronic instruments.
    When I will determine whether my objectives have been accomplished or not, I do evaluation. I assessed the success of my students by giving some exercises. I gave them two kinds of exercises. First, I used single item pictures-matching format. I asked the students to match the names of instruments with the corresponding pictures. I gave nine pictures of instruments and nine names of instruments.
    Second, the kind of exercises was classification. I asked the students to classify each instrument according to their groups based on the information from the text. In category items of this type, the students must know which categories the words fall into, whether stringed instruments, wind instruments, percussion instruments, keyboard instruments, or electronic instruments. In this type, I made a table then students had to classify each instruments to the table.
    My reading exercises as I used in the microteaching is very effective. As we know, picture is one media that effectively help the students master the lesson. It makes them easily remember the kind of musical instruments. Beside they know the definition five main groups of musical instruments, they also know each pictures of it. But, matching format test can be more difficult if there are fewer pictures than names of instruments. The second exercise is also effective. Students can categorize each name of instruments. It makes them learn more deeply. They don’t just know about kind of musical instruments, but also can divide whether cello is stringed instruments or not.
    I have learned a lot by preparing the reading exercises and doing the microteaching. Generally, reading comprehension is tested indirectly, by having the students read aloud, or by asking the students comprehension questions, or by measuring reading speed. I knew that an exercise is very important to evaluate the students’ success. If we want assess students, we also notice the students’ proficiency. We have to give an exercise to students which appropriate with their level. I think, the exercises for junior high school must be creative with many pictures and color. It makes them interesting and can stimulate their brain. And after doing microteaching, I have known what should I do to be a creative teacher. I should create a positive classroom climate. Also, I should have teaching style.
    To improve my material and microteaching, I must learn more and more. I can do it by reading many books related with it. I also practice the microteaching as often as possible. I have tried it by teaching in one of studying guidance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RATIH RESPITA DEWI
    2201406083
    GROUP:
    LINA P.D (2201406077)
    WINARNI (2201406081)
    HIMMAH ULYANA (2201406092)

    AN ESSAY

    Learning reading is the most boring lesson for some students. They have a lot of reasons to express their unlikeness to it. Usually, they will say that they get nothing by reading in the classroom. That happens because most of teachers just give a reading passage and ask them to do the following questions. And they almost never explain about the strategy to get new knowledge by reading that passage. They will not find an interesting things if they do not know the way how to understand the idea of the passage.
    In the micro teaching that I have done, I taught a reading passage to my students by using top-down strategy. Top- down strategy is used to make the students have a global understanding of the passage. That is because I have an objective in my lesson that is by the end of the lesson; the students are able to identify the information from the passage and to retell this story to their other friends.
    This passage was about a pet fish named Tommy that was kept by an Indian in a barrel. Although the fish got bigger, the Indian was still lazy to change the water in order to keep the fish alive. He thought that he would teach his pet fish to live without water and to walk as other animals. Everyday, he takes Tommy out of the barrel then put him in the wet or dry grass. His effort was successful because Tommy now could live without water even he could go anywhere down a dusty road and stay all day out in the hot sun. Unfortunately, it was really sad the way that Indian lost his fish and it was unusual, too. When they went to town, Tommy walked behind the Indian without realized that there was a hole in the bridge. After few minutes, the Indian realized that Tommy lost and tried to find him. He thought that maybe Tommy had fallen there. So he went to the hole and looked down, and sure enough, there was Tommy, floating on the water, bottom-side up. The fish had fallen through that hole into the river and drown.
    In teaching this passage, I prepare two kinds of exercises. First, I used pretest. I wanted to know whether they have known some information about the passage will be given. And second, I gave them some questions based on the passage. These would reflect their understanding about the passage by knowing the main idea of the story.
    Those exercises I prepared would be effective enough, I thought. That is because by giving some keywords before they read would help them to guess what the passage about. And then, after read it they will understand what idea we could get. Moreover, it will be completed when the teacher give additional explanation about the passage.
    After preparing all exercises and doing the micro teaching, I learned many things. First, when I have prepared all about whatever I would use in my micro teaching, I felt that I got good mental readiness for doing it. Then, I would try to do the best by doing it again and again until I felt better. Second, after did my micro teaching, I felt that teaching is not an easy task to do. But, if we try to prepare it well, it will be very helpful and interesting.
    In order to improve my material, I should bring the real object that is a pet fish. But I didn’t do it. I just brought a picture of a pet fish because I thought that it is not effective if I have to bring it to the classroom. Besides, I have to improve my micro teaching too because in the first of teaching I felt nervous too much. Then I have to have more knowledge about the passage because my students were actively asked some questions about everything they didn’t know yet.
    As a conclusion, if we want to teach everything especially teaching reading, we have to prepare everything such as good material, good exercises, good strategy and good mental. Then we have to teach our students maximally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MICROTEACHING REFLECTION-THURSDDAY, 07.00

    Ratnawati 2201406584
    Names of group:
    Evi Uswatun K 2201406503
    Rizka diviyanti 2201406577
    Atik Hidayah 2201406604

    Teaching reading is very important in teaching and learning English process because reading is one of four basic skills that have to be mastered by students. In teaching and learning process, the objectives of lesson is very needed in measuring the students’ ability the lesson and it is usually measured at the end of it. Without any objectives of lesson, it is impossible the goal of learning will be reached successfully. Furthermore, I also gave some objectives in my lesson are the students are able to find the main idea of reading passage and get the information it.
    In my micro teaching, I gave them reading passage about The Bogor Botanical Garden. It is a kind of descriptive text and it describes us about the Bogor Botanical garden and its detailed such as; history, location, plants( flora), animals ( fauna), and the branches of it. After that, I asked them to read silently. Then, I asked them to finish the “true-false” items exercise. The test items based on reading passage. I asked my students to answer true or false orally together. If they make mistake in answering the question, I would ask them to read the reading passage again by showing which paragraph that contains the answer and give a clue that show the correct answer .most probably, they will answer the correct answer. I chose the true-false item test because it was very effective in teaching reading. By using this exercise, the students could know their mistakes directly and look for the correct ones, then they discuss together. So, they will remember their mistakes not to replay again and I’m sure that they meet the test like that later, automatically they will answer the correct ones because they have kept it in their mind. Besides that, it was not spent any time because after we read the reading passage silently, we remembered about the content of it and apply the memorization in the true- false test items. In addition, this item makes us careful about the reading because we should know the content of the passage indeed and also the goals of true-false items is to measure our carefulness about the material that have learned by students. Designing test exercise is one steps of preparation in teaching, during this process I have learned many things in preparing it; I know how important for teachers to prepare (reading) exercise or test to measure the students’ ability in mastering the material( reading passage) that have been taught by the teachers. Then, we use reading exercise for evaluate the students’ weaknesses and excess in reading, to make the classroom situation be interested and conducive for studying reading because the exercise is one of the techniques to make the students discuss the material that are being faced also train the students to solve the problem in learning so that the communication between students and teachers happened well. But, in this case I only focused on the first point.
    From the micro teaching, I have learned that techniques and media are very influential in achieving the goal of teaching and learning process. Both of them I used for get attention from students and make the communication among us. In my micro teaching, I used ‘bottom-up processing”, I very needed the instructional aid in this case is picture because it is a simple and meaningful media for delivering my material. The effectiveness of using picture are the students can see the description about the material directly and they can imagine by themselves about the passage so that they feel easy in mastery the reading passage. The using of picture in my lesson by showing them a picture and gave some question related to the passage and I also delivered key words of the passage by giving some questions them. After I did micro teaching, I think that I should improve my fluency, naturally, increase my vocabulary, and learn more about manage of class because I think I lack of them and it is very important in teaching and learning process especially interaction of teachers- students are influenced by them. Absolutely, I desire to improve my skill in teaching by practicing as many as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ”REFLECTION ESSAY”
    Aswin Kumalasari 2201406548
    Group members:
    Pratika Ayuningtyas
    Ahmad Taufiq Ismail
    Taufik Hidayat

    On Tuesday, April 7 2009, I practiced microteaching with the other members of my group. The objective of my lesson was, by the end of the lesson students are able to understand the contain of the reading passage included the vocabulary and the sentence pattern. Because the time given for microteaching was only 15 minutes, so I stated that objective. I think that that objective could be reached in 15 minutes. By 15 minutes, students were able to figure out the vocabularies and also the difficult words. They also noticed the sentence pattern used in the reading passage, and understood that they have to use such sentence in the passage to make a descriptive text.
    My reading passage was about “Bald Eagle”. It was a descriptive text, so it uses simple present tense. First of all, I opened the lesson by greeting the students, and they responded the greeting. Then, I started to manipulate my media. My media were some pictures of bald eagle. I asked some question to gain the students’ attention through the picture that I used. I led them to figure out the target vocabularies from the text with their background knowledge. So, I led them to figure out some vocabularies like bird, eagle, beak, bill, wings, feather, spread, tail, and head. After that I gave the reading passage to each student. I let them read it twice, so they could really get the points from the passage. When they finished reading the reading passage, I ask them if they had any difficult words. As the students found some difficult words, they asked me some question. They wanted me to explain some words like: obsolete, eaglet, shrill, wingspan, lifespan, and flapping. So, I explained those words to them one by one. When I was sure that my students had no more difficult words, I gave them question sheets. We continued to have a reading exercise. I prepared 5 comprehension questions, and 5 True/False questions. The questions were not difficult, but it needed high concentration and carefulness to finish. When the students finished answering the questions, we discussed about the answers together. From their answer sheets, I got the scores. Pratika got 10, Taufik Hidayat got 8, and Ahmad Taufik Ismail got 7. I considered this result was good result, because the students could answer 70% up from the questions.
    The exercise that I used was quite effective, given to the fact of the score that the students achieved. The exercise that I gave them, let them know the text comprehensively, to answer question in correct tense form that was simple past tense, and also gained their vocabulary mastery.
    I have learned some important things to prepare the reading exercise and doing the microteaching. First, it is important to have media, and exploit them. Second, it is very useful to give some questions based on their background knowledge to the students before giving the reading passage to gain their attention and to link them to the text. And to prepare the reading exercise, it is very important to give the clear instruction to the reading exercise so that the student will not misinterpret and get confused. Making tricky questions is a good way to check students understanding on the text.
    To improve my material and microteaching I should prepare more real media, exploit the media. Giving some questions to the students before reading section will help much. I should give the students chance to discuss with their friends, and give them chance to ask some questions and some difficult words. I also have to do the micro teaching in the correct order; opening, gaining students’ attention, reading section, discussing the difficult words, giving exercise and discuss it. By doing so, I think I can carry on a good micro teaching to my students and they can achieve the lesson objective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Name : Pratika Ayuningtyas
    NIM : 2201406535
    Group :
    - Aswin Kumalasari
    - Taufik Hidayat
    - A.Taufiq Ismail

    Reflection Essay

    Reading is actually a fun class, not a boring class. Therefore, some teacher we used to know never give any interesting trace in our heart in reading class. As a teacher we can explore our students’ ability through reading then , as a result, mastering English can be easily improve if we want to explore ourselves, helping our students learn English.
    The new generation of teachers is now born. It is become my duty to fix and continue teaching English as interesting as possible so that my students will get me as an interesting teacher. The lesson objective of reading class now is that students will get some new vocabulary in their list. In addition they know what is actually going on the world, and if they can catch the reading passage not only at a glance they will change their mind about some objects. They also will have new and fresh knowledge by reading.
    The passage that i conduct is about shoes. A very valuable and sophisticated shoes that is ever made. It is a short and compact report text. The construction of the redaing material is designed for young learner (SMP students). I choose this passage because the passage attrack me. Shoes, the topic is so close with our environment, our daily life. Therefore, my students won’t be bored with the passage because it is also one piece of their life. The passsage is also not too long, i prefer short and compact passage than a long one. The vocabularies contained in the passage are simple and not too scientific vocabularies.
    In a reading class there should always be evaluation about the passage. The material of my reading class also conducts evaluation, but it is in the form of exercise. The reading exercise I prepare is true and false exercise. It contained only ten numbers. The use of true and false exercise helps students to understand the passage deeply. It also can make them easy to improve their vocabulary item. Due to the short of the passage, the exercise is also having few numbers of items. In this case, all of the member of my group can answer all my questions correctly, but I don’t thing a junior high school student will also get ten points sharp.
    The exercise, as I reflect before, the members of the group are correct to answer all of the ten items. It can be said that the passage is can be understood easily. Therefore, the exercise also helps them to learn more about the passage. It may be said as an easy exercise for adults. The exercise is balance with the short passage. It is effective to gain the students’ comprehension about the passage.
    I got some points to reconsider my points of view about reading class after doing my microteaching. My friends gave me something I never knew before- How to attract our students with a lot of joke about the passage. I thought that our material, our speech, and a little joke-just for fun, and making the class alive, is the most basic and important things to attract them, but they now change my mind.
    I think before I conduct my lesson, I need to consider making the lesson plan, so that the lesson will run with rhyme. When next I get an opportunity to rehearse my lesson and to fix my lesson or to make a new reading class lesson, I will consider to choose the longer passage with not too scientific vocabulary and enclose my lesson with audio media, because I only have a visual media to show to my students.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EVA AMALIA (2201406040)

    GROUP MEMBERS:
    FERA LEUK M (2201406045)
    AFRILIA SUHENI (2201406056)
    DIAN KHOIRUN N (2201406525)
    MEDINA R (2201405575)


    MICROTEACHING ESSAY

    I have done the micro teaching on Thursday 2 April 2009 in Gazebo at 11 am. I taught the reading passage which title was ‘London and New York’. The objective of the lesson is to give information about something to the students; here I want to give information about London and New York. By the end of the lesson I also hope students are able to differentiate between ‘Comparison and Contrast’ text and should be able to write such kind of the text.
    The reading passage that I use is comparison text because it compares many things between London and New York. It tells about the similarities and differences between London and New York cities. If there is a text that only explains the similarities of two things, such kind of text also called comparison text. But, if there is a text that only states the differences of two things, it is called contrast text. So we can divide it into two kinds, they are comparison and contrast. Comparison is a text that explains about similarities of two things or both of similarities and differences of two things. Contrast is a kind of text that tells about the differences between two things.
    Reading exercises that I have prepared are true false, matching, vocabulary items, and comprehensive questions. In true false question, I give some statements and options true or false then the students must choose it. The students must choose true if they think that the statement is true based on the passage, on the other if the statement is false based on the text they have to choose false. In matching, I write some words or phrases about the passage in left side, beside it I give the similarity of the words/phrases, then the students must matching the words/phrases in the left side with the words/phrases beside it. In vocabulary items I ask students to find vocabularies in the passage that means big differences and small differences. Last in comprehensive questions, I give 5 questions about the content of the text; students must understand the content of passage so can answer it. The number of the questions must also appropriate with the time. We have to give enough time for the students to do the exercises well. I think we also have to consider the physic of the students when give the exercises. It is better if we give the exercises when the students mind is still fresh.
    I think the reading exercises that I use are effective enough because all the exercises relate to the passage. It makes the students more understand with the content of passage. After preparing reading exercises and doing micro teaching, I learn that make a good exercises is not easy and it is also difficult to be a good teacher. I learn that to make good exercises we have to consider many things, for example the exercises have to appropriate with the students. Exercises between junior high students from first, second and third grade are different, even though the material are the same, example narrative text, the difficulty level of the questions have to different. The exercises also have to effective, so we will not waste the teaching and learning time. It must help students understand the passage not make them more confuse.
    I have to be more creative in micro teaching and preparing the material and exercises, I will use media in convey the material to make the students easier in understanding it. I will use games, song, picture, movie, video, power point, etc. The use of media will make the teaching and learning process more interesting, so the student will pay more attention and don’t feel bored or sleepy in the class. The material have to change from time to time, I cannot use the same material for long time, I have to make the material looks like fresh or new for student, even though that is the material that often conveyed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fera Leuk Mahesa ( 2201406045 )
    Eva Amalia ( 2201406040 )
    Afrilia Suheni ( 2201406056 )
    Dian Khoirun N ( 2201406525 )
    Medina Rahma ( 2201405575 )

    ESSAY

    I have been done a micro teaching one week ago. In every micro teaching or teaching teacher must has objective of they lesson. So do I. The objective of my lesson, students are able to identify a text, specifically report text. It means, when students read a text they can know that it is a report text or not. The reason every text has different characteristics. Like social function, it is one of characteristic of texts. And the others characteristic are how the generic structure of a text and the use significant lexicogrammatical features of the text itself. That is students must know to identify a text.
    A report text which is I used in my micro teaching the title is “newspaper”. The passages of that article are newspaper’s reader can find any information and massages from red newspaper. And then they can feel a different feeling after reading them. That is the passages of the article. (The summary of the article, “ Newspaper has become an important mass media. The reader can find news and article in it. The readers who want to get entertainment can read the entertainment columns.”)
    By carried out a micro teaching using the reading passage, I could give reading exercises. I prepared some kinds of reading exercises. First I prepared comprehension question, all of the question based on text. Second I prepared vocabulary items, it is to improve vocabulary. The vocabulary related to the topic on the text. And then the close procedure, in this exercise students completed sentences based on the text (Fill in blank). The other is matching exercise, the words related to the topic of the article. Students match them (part A) with the meaning in part B. And the last is true false exercises, in this exercise students choice true (T) or false (F) for the statement according to the text. That is some kinds of reading exercises which is I prepared.
    For whatever we teach, we have to know how effective was we taught students. To know that, we must give them an exercise about material which is we have been taught. So do I, after I have done micro teaching I gave my students an exercise. In the end my micro teaching my students and I discussed the answers of the exercise. From that I know almost of their answers are true. The majority of my students have mistaken on true false exercise. From that I conclude my micro teaching not success enough.
    From my micro teaching experience I much learn about that. For preparing the reading exercises, to give our students an exercise, the exercise which is we given it is not too difficult or too easy for them. Because an exercise can be use to evaluate we are success or not in teaching. And to evaluate students are success or not in studying. For micro teaching itself we must prepare it carefully. Included we have to master in material lesson, practice micro teaching alone, and the important thing make yourself confidence. Without confidence our preparation, our practice and master in material lesson are nothing. You will get trouble. For example, you don’t know what will you talk about, you forget the material lesson. May be you don’t know how to open the class, how to start the lesson. It just cause of you are nervous, and you are not confidence. What a pity if it happens in our teaching.
    As a teacher we have to improve the material, don’t be monotonous base on the text. To improve it we can tell the history of the topic in discuss, it development, where is we can get it, and what the advantages and disadvantages from know it. We can do anything to improve the material. And then to improve micro teaching we can use media to support our micro teaching, it can make easier for students to understand. And then we can do micro teaching in the outside not only in classroom, it make us relax and make us not boring study.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Name : Ida Rohmawati
    NIM : 2201406022
    Rombel: 06

    Members of group:
    Pipin Nur Azizah
    M. Gilar Yudha
    Andhika H.W.

    MICROTEACHING REFLECTION ESSAY

    Teaching reading is not such an easy way. I have proved this when I did a micro teaching in front of my friends two days ago. My friends pretended to be my students and I, myself, pretended to be a teacher. Here is the story:
    Two days ago, I taught analytical exposition in front of my group which is consisted of four people including me. I chose a text entitled “Cheating: a Real Necessity?” by Dimas Ponco A. I took it from C ‘n S magazine published on 22 November-December 2003). The text told us about the reasons why students do cheating and what the negative effects of doing it. It contained of the writer’s opinion to persuade students to stop cheating. Moreover, the writer also informed us some ways to solve the problems of cheating. In my opinion, it was a very good reading passage for the students because I taught not only to give the students the capability of learning English but also to form a good habit in their lives.
    By giving this text, I hope that the students will reach the objectives such as:
    1. Students are able to understand the content of the text.
    2. Students are able to retell the text with their own words.
    3. To persuade students to avoid cheating in their lessons
    4. To enrich students’ vocabulary
    To reach the objectives, firstly, I gave a brainstorming to the students about cheating. I asked them some questions related to it, such as:
    • Have you ever brought a small note contained of the material of your lesson then opened it during a test in the classroom?
    • Have you ever asked your friend to give you the answers while you are having a test or assignment?
    • Have you ever written the pattern of tenses in your hand while you are having grammar test?
    • What do you call those activities?
    Secondly, I gave them the text and they had to read it for a while. They also had to underline the difficult words or the new words that they did not recognize and we would discuss those words so the students can enrich their vocabulary. To check whether they have understood the reading passage or not, I gave them five questions related to the text. They are:
    1. Is cheating a good habit? Why?
    2. Give the reasons of why students do cheating.
    3. How is the way to prevent students from doing cheating?
    4. Do you think that the rules in SMU 8 are good for the students? Why?
    5. What is the purpose of the text?
    The result was they could answer most of the questions. Their answers were quite similar to each other though their sentences construction was different. Maybe this was because I gave them open-ended, creative answers so they can create different opinion but still in the same purpose. This can be seen from the answers made by Pipin, Gilar, and Andhika from the question no. 1.
    - Pipin answered: no, it is not. It is dishonest.
    - Gilar answered: cheating is not a good habit because it makes students lazy and it reduces our self-confidence in facing challenge.
    - Andhika answered: no, it is not. Because it reduces our self confidence in facing challenge.
    After knowing their answers, I can conclude that they have understood the reading passage and they can study easier. I think this exercise is very effective for teaching reading comprehension.
    By this teaching strategy, I have learned that we have to be creative in delivering our material to the students, and our teaching learning process must be based on our lesson objectives, it means that we must stay on track on what we have planned. In addition, we need a lesson plan to prepare our material in prior. It is very useful in teaching-learning process because we know what we have to do in teaching certain lesson and avoid doing mistakes while teaching. We also need some teaching aid, like picture, to attract the students in our lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umi Hikmawati 2201406079

    Group members:
    Etik Ektafia 2201406063
    Yeny Kurniawati 2201406086
    lilik Lutfiani 2201406088

    THE REFLECTION OF MY MICROTEACHING

    Teaching reading is not easy enough. To make it easier and I can achieve my goal in teaching reading, I need an objective of the lesson. In this reading class, I had some objectives. First, students are able to produce at least ten new vocabulary items. Second, the students are able to comprehend the reading passage. Third, the students will know the generic structure.
    In my reading class, I gave bibliography recount. This text tells about Muhammad Hatta. Muhammad Hatta was one of Indonesia the founding fathers. He lived from 1902 until 1980. Together with Soekarno, he proclaimed the independence of Indonesia on 17th August 1945.Muhammad Hatta was born on 12th August 1902 in Bukittinggi, West Sumatra. When he was still in Junior High School in Bukttinggi, he joined the league of Young Sumatrans. When he finished his study in Bukittinggi, he moved to Batavia. Then, He went to the Netherlands to continue his study. When he was there, he participated actively in National Movement. As a result, the Dutch government arrested him. In 1932, Bung Hatta went back to Indonesia. He joined a political organization called Pendidikan Nasional Indonesia. This organization wanted Indonesian people to know many things about politic. Because of this activity, he was arrested again. He was sent to Boven Digul, and later to Banda Neira as a prisoner. Before the Japanese invaded Indonesia in 1942, he was brought to Java. On 17ty August 1945, two days after Japan surrendered to the Allies, Bung Karno and Bung Hatta declared the Independence of Indonesia. Then, they were selected as the president and vice president. Bung Hatta was the vice president until 1956. He resigned and concentrated in writing. On 14th March 1980 passed away in Jakarta. Muhammad Hatta was one of the greatest people in Indonesia. People will always remember him as an honest and sincere person.
    To know whether my objective was achieve or not, I gave the exercises. There were two kinds of exercises. First, the reading comprehension questions by matching one information to information. For instance, in right side, I gave the chronological time, and then in the left side, I gave what Muhammad Hatta was done. Second, to know the understanding of recount generic structure, I gave another text of recount so that they can identify its generic structure.
    To assess how deep the students’ understanding about the understanding reading passage and its generic structure, these exercises was quite effective because the students can catch the idea of the passage by matching form. Usually, the form of reading comprehension is just answering the following questions. The students must be getting boring with this form. So this matching form is hoped can make the exercise more interesting. Then, the second exercise is quite effective too because by giving the other text of recount, I really can assess the understanding of its generic structures’ student.
    According to me, reading class is very boring. From that experience, I want to make the reading class more fun and enjoyable so that I should improve my ability in teaching continuously. From my microteaching, I learn many things. I should prepare my visual aid as well as possible. In my microteaching, I just prepared the picture without color. I realized that Junior High School students are more interested if I bring the colorful picture because it can stimulate their brain. I also felt that my objective is helpful because I know what I’m going to do to achieve my objective.I also learn that if we want to teach everything, we have to prepare everything, for instance, good material, good exercise, good strategy, and good mental.
    To improve my microteaching, I should bring the colorful pictures (interesting visual aid) as I told its significance above. I also should practice more to make my self not nervous anymore and can make reading class fun and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YENY KURNIAWATI
    2201406086
    TEFL 2

    Group:
    Etik Ektafia S (2201406063)
    Umi Hikmawati (2201406079)
    Lilik Lutfiani (2201406088)

    MICROTEACHING REFLECTION

    Stating objective is very important before doing teaching-learning process. It goes without saying that we, as a teacher, need to measure the students’ achievement of the lesson given to them. This measurement can be done by analyzing whether the purpose is achieved or not. And the objective of my micro teaching was by the end of the lesson, the students should be able to identify the short story, entitled “Cinderella”, including the characters, setting time and place, moral value and some language features of the text (past tense).

    Reading itself seemed to be boring lesson for the students. Most of them think that they get nothing from their reading class, because the teachers just give them passages/book to read and leave some questions to be answered. Facing this fact, the teacher should change their strategy in teaching reading, or even create a new approach to gain the students’ attention. And as a strategy to improve the students’ interest in reading class, the material that closely related and familiar with them were used. It is a story that maybe they often hear or read about it. The story is about a beautiful and kindhearted girl who lived with her bad tempered step mother and step sisters. They forced her to do all the household chores everyday. One day, an invitation from The King came to the family. The King wanted to find The Prince a wife. The step sisters went to the party and left the girl, named Cinderella, alone at home. Just then a fairy godmother came and helped Cinderella, so that she could come to the party. There she danced with The Prince. They were falling in love. At midnight, she ran home and left one of her glass slipper at the ladder. The next day, the Prince and his men brought along the glass slipper to search for the owner. After searching for a long time, finally, they came to Cinderella's house. The slipper fitted her. The Prince was very happy to find Cinderella again. They got married and lived happily ever after.

    As the evaluation to measure the students’ understanding, some exercises were prepared. First, before read the passage, students were asked to rearrange the jumbled paragraphs into a good story and matched them to the pictures given. The students were easy to do this job because they have enough background knowledge about the passage. This story is well-known to them. After doing this exercise, they were asked to read the passage aloud in turns. To check their understanding about the passage, some comprehensive questions were given to them.

    Those exercises were quite effective to assess the students’ understanding about the passage. The sequenced and colored pictures were effectively used as an exercise in order to attract the students’ attraction and help them to remember the idea. From the exercises, known that the students caught the idea of the passage, including the characters, setting time and place, moral value and some language features of the text (past tense).

    Being a teacher seems to be an easy job, but in reality it is full of challenges. Thinking creatively is one of the important things needed in teaching. The interesting media, such as colored and sequenced pictures, are prepared in order to gain the students’ attention. On the one hand, I --as a teacher—should make a comfortable and fun teaching-learning activity. On the other hand, I should focus on the lesson objective that should be achieved. In addition, consider many aspects needed in the lesson objective, including how to assess the students’ understanding are another important thing. Make vary in test items, but still related to the objective made use most of my energy.

    There are many things that I should do in order to improve my material and micro teaching. It is clear that I need more and more practice teaching. Besides that, I also need to learn more the theories about teaching then apply them in the real teaching and learning activity. Because doing something without understands the knowledge is like a blind without his stick. Moreover just knowing something without practicing in real situation is nothing. The wise man says, practice makes perfect, doesn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. YENY KURNIAWATI
    2201406086
    TEFL 2

    Group:
    Etik Ektafia S (2201406086)
    Umi Hikmawati (2201406079)
    Lilik Lutfiani (2201406088)

    MICROTEACHING REFLECTION

    Stating objective is very important before doing teaching-learning process. It goes without saying that we, as a teacher, need to measure the students’ achievement of the lesson given to them. This measurement can be done by analyzing whether the purpose is achieved or not. And the objective of my micro teaching was by the end of the lesson, the students should be able to identify the short story, entitled “Cinderella”, including the characters, setting time and place, moral value and some language features of the text (past tense).

    Reading itself seemed to be boring lesson for the students. Most of them think that they get nothing from their reading class, because the teachers just give them passages/book to read and leave some questions to be answered. Facing this fact, the teacher should change their strategy in teaching reading, or even create a new approach to gain the students’ attention. And as a strategy to improve the students’ interest in reading class, the material that closely related and familiar with them were used. It is a story that maybe they often hear or read about it. The story is about a beautiful and kindhearted girl who lived with her bad tempered step mother and step sisters. They forced her to do all the household chores everyday. One day, an invitation from The King came to the family. The King wanted to find The Prince a wife. The step sisters went to the party and left the girl, named Cinderella, alone at home. Just then a fairy godmother came and helped Cinderella, so that she could come to the party. There she danced with The Prince. They were falling in love. At midnight, she ran home and left one of her glass slipper at the ladder. The next day, the Prince and his men brought along the glass slipper to search for the owner. After searching for a long time, finally, they came to Cinderella's house. The slipper fitted her. The Prince was very happy to find Cinderella again. They got married and lived happily ever after.

    As the evaluation to measure the students’ understanding, some exercises were prepared. First, before read the passage, students were asked to rearrange the jumbled paragraphs into a good story and matched them to the pictures given. The students were easy to do this job because they have enough background knowledge about the passage. This story is well-known to them. After doing this exercise, they were asked to read the passage aloud in turns. To check their understanding about the passage, some comprehensive questions were given to them.

    Those exercises were quite effective to assess the students’ understanding about the passage. The sequenced and colored pictures were effectively used as an exercise in order to attract the students’ attraction and help them to remember the idea. From the exercises, known that the students caught the idea of the passage, including the characters, setting time and place, moral value and some language features of the text (past tense).

    Being a teacher seems to be an easy job, but in reality it is full of challenges. Thinking creatively is one of the important things needed in teaching. The interesting media, such as colored and sequenced pictures, are prepared in order to gain the students’ attention. On the one hand, I --as a teacher—should make a comfortable and fun teaching-learning activity. On the other hand, I should focus on the lesson objective that should be achieved. In addition, consider many aspects needed in the lesson objective, including how to assess the students’ understanding are another important thing. Make vary in test items, but still related to the objective made use most of my energy.

    There are many things that I should do in order to improve my material and micro teaching. It is clear that I need more and more practice teaching. Besides that, I also need to learn more the theories about teaching then apply them in the real teaching and learning activity. Because doing something without understands the knowledge is like a blind without his stick. Moreover just knowing something without practicing in real situation is nothing. The wise man says, practice makes perfect, doesn’t it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. NAME : LILIK LUTFIANI
    NIM : 2201406088
    subject : TEFL 02
    GROUP
    1. ETIK EKTAFIA S (2201406063)
    2. UMI HIKMAWATI (2201406079)
    3. YENY KURNIAWATI (2201406086)

    THE REFLECTION OF MY MICROTEACHING

    Reading is one of the four main skills in a language that is important to master. In reading, we need to understand the passage in order to get point what actually it is about. So, reading a passage is actually not an easy job.
    Learning reading is full of challenge. In class, some students will feel bored and sometimes have no interest to learn it. They think they get nothing by reading in a classroom. It is useless and wastes their times. It happens because many teachers just give them a reading passage and ask them to answer the questions. They don’t explain more about the passage to make students understand and have interest to study it. They just do the same things again and again.
    In teaching reading, we as teachers need to state the objectives clearly. It is done to make clear what actually the teachers want to do. So, in my microteaching, I state some objectives that are in the end of the lesson, students are able to identify, comprehend the passage and enrich their vocabulary.
    The type of reading passage I give to my students is narrative text entitled The Smartest Animal. This story came from Laos. It was about a tiger that felt he was the smartest animal in the jungle. One day, he saw a buffalo which helped a farmer to plough his field. He was surprised to see a big animal listening to a small animal. He wanted to know more about the buffalo and the man. So, the tiger spoke to the buffalo why he did everything the man told to him. The buffalo answered that the man was very intelligent. The next day, the tiger said to the man whether the tiger could see the man’s intelligence. Then the man asked the buffalo to tie himself to a tree and the tiger did it. After that, the man hit the tiger and said that the tiger could see his intelligence then. So, from this story, we could conclude that the intelligence was in our brain and we didn’t allow to underestimate other persons.
    Showing a tiger doll I used to do my BKOF. Then, I tried to get the vocabularies in my reading passage from the students. I gave them some keywords. It was done in order to make clear and easy what actually the text about. After that, we read that passage and tried to understand the passage together.
    After understanding the passage, I gave some exercises. The exercises divided into three parts. First, I gave some comprehensive questions. It was given to check the understanding of the students about the passage. Second, I gave them True-False questions. Students should choose the right answer by checking true or false. Third, I asked them to identify synonyms. It was done to enrich their vocabulary not only about synonyms but also the antonyms.
    From preparing the reading exercises and doing microteaching, I have learned many things. I have learned that being a teacher is not an easy job. It is needed some special skills for example creative thinking. We as a teacher have to think creatively in order to be a good teacher. Besides, we should make the students feel comfortable and make the learning teaching process is fun and not boring activity. We should know well the characteristics of the students and know whether they understand the lesson or not. In addition, we should have an eye catching to attract the students.
    I have to learn more and more to improve my material and the microteaching. I have to read more to improve my material and I have to do a lot of practicing to improve my microteaching. By doing this, I can learn from my experience and mistakes that I have done before so that I can more readily to prepare my material and microteaching. Remember that nothing comes without an effort. So, we have to struggle hard to reach our dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dian Khoirun Nikmah
    2201406525
    TEFL 2

    Groups : Fera Leux
    Afrilia Suheni
    Eva Amalia
    Medina Rahmah

    We did micro teaching on Thursday, April 2nd 2009 at 11 o'clock a.m. I was the last presentation. At the end of this lesson, the students are able to understand the contain of the passage and retell it; they are going to get information and interest in reading.

    I taught about the Early of Barack Obama. It tells about the family of him. It concern in his family. Barack is American. This is the complete passage.

    Early

    Barack Obama was born at the Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States, to Stanley Ann Dunham, an American of mainly English descent from Wichita, Kansas and Barack Obama, Sr., a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya. Obama's parents met in 1960 in a Russian language class at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa, where his father was a foreign student on scholarship. The couple married on February 2, 1961 and Barack was born later that year. His parents separated when he was two years old, and they divorced in 1964.[13] Obama's father returned to Kenya and saw his son only once more before dying in an automobile accident in 1982.

    After her divorce, Dunham married Indonesian student Lolo Soetoro, who was attending college in Hawaii. When Suharto, a military leader in Soetoro's home country, came to power in 1967, all Indonesian students studying abroad were recalled and the family moved to the island nation. From ages six to ten, Obama attended local schools in Jakarta, including Besuki Public School and St. Francis of Assisi School.

    He then returned to Honolulu to live with his maternal grandparents, Madelyn and Stanley Armour Dunham, and attended Punahou School, a private college preparatory school, from the fifth grade in 1971 until his graduation from high school in 1979.

    Obama's mother returned to Hawaii in 1972 and remained there until 1977, when she relocated to Indonesia to work as an anthropological field worker. Dunham finally returned to Hawaii in 1994 and lived there for one year before dying of ovarian cancer.

    It includes a recount. Because it tells about history of Barack Obama. The other characteristic is the passage use past tense.

    The exercise is very easy and effective in leading the students in understanding. I put two kinds of exercise, first, it is True False Question and second, it is Essay. Only several answer that those were wrong. The students were helped by picture that I brought. So it was easy for them in remembering and understanding the passage. And also, in teaching process, there were discussion section which some questions they asked and directly answer by me and the other students lively.

    For me, the preparation of making lesson plan, deciding the material, the exercise and the assessment are not easy. But it is so interesting and challenging. In making lesson plan, we should think carefully whether the material suitable with the curriculum or not. The objective also must be clear. So we can make the steps in teaching systematically. For decide material, we should think about the students as abject and the timing whether it is the first time, middle, or the end of meeting. Not only that, in making exercise also should consider all of those components above and we should be creative. If we had made the clear objective, it will easy for us in assessing the students. Not to mention again that in teaching we should be creative in making students always happy and not boring.

    I felt not too satisfy for my work. Because after I saw the others, there were so many things that should I improve. To improve it, I should practise a lot and read every things continuously. In fact as a teacher, we should know every things because we will be a model of our students.

    Last sentence from me is Teaching is not Easy but it is Challenging and Fantastic!
    Keep Fight in Teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Name : Nur Fatoni
    NIM : 2201406070

    Group Members:
    Aditya Rahman,
    Akhmad Fitri Al Amin,
    Fachry DP, and
    Slamet Rusdianto

    MY MICRO TEACHING REFLECTION

    On April 8th 2009 in the Slamet’s boarding house, we held a microteaching practice. This microteaching was set for improving our teaching skill beside it was Mr. Rohani’s online assignment. I taught to improve the students’ reading skill of junior high school grade 1, so I prepared a reading passage and some exercises.

    The objectives were. First, at the end of the lesson, students were able to read aloud the passage in correct pronunciation, intonation, and stress. Second, students were able to comprehend any information from the text.

    The text “Cleanliness Habit” was about cleanliness should be our motto. There were three paragraphs which the first paragraph was the thesis (announcement of issue concern; it was pollution), the second and third paragraph was arguments and the last sentence was the recommendation (Cleanliness should become our habit).

    Here is my lesson plan which I did to succeed the objectives:

    First of all, I opened the lesson by greeting and checking the register. Then, I asked my students to pay attention to me. After that,I was the model to build the prior knowledge of the text which I would give. I acted to perform the words that I wanted students to know (like eating, sleeping, and throwing savage etc), and I asked my students to guess what I was doing. They were cooperative, and could catch all the words.

    Thus, I went on the next level, giving them the text. I asked them to read aloud one by one and I would correct their pronunciation if they made mistakes. Fortunately, there were only some mistakes, so I could conclude that the first objective was succeeded. Then, we talked about the main idea of each paragraph to know whether they could catch the idea of the text or not.

    After that, I gave them some questions to comprehend any information from the text. They were 5 short-answer questions, 5 true-false questions, and 5 matching questions.

    The matching test was written test, but the others was oral test. Before giving them the oral test, I took the text from them. The questions are answered orally by raising their hands to indicate that he would answer or I point them. The student who answered correctly, he would get a present (candy) and the best would get a cup. In addition, in my microteaching, Slamet did the best so he got a blue cup.

    Finally, I closed the lesson by making summary what they have learned. I also gave them homework to find any text about cleanliness from any sources.

    Unfortunately, because I did microteaching with my friends, it looked so easy because they understand what we were doing, so everything was ok. I think that the real teaching process will be more complicated, so I need more practice.

    I think that the exercises as I used were quite effective to measure whether the students could get the idea or comprehend any information from the text or not. As I used the matching questions, I also can measure the vocabulary that the students mastered. Vocabulary is one of the most important features to master reading skill. I also asked them to read aloud to know whether their pronunciation was correct or not. I used the oral questions because it would be interesting and challenging to mix between reading, listening, speaking skills.

    After doing this microteaching, I could get that the best you prepare the best will you get. The best technique and media are very influential in microteaching. Building prior knowledge first before going on the reading activity is important to help the students understand the passage. I think that the media is not just a picture, as I used my self as the model, the students would be more interested and more fun. So, I think one of the best way to teach is how to make the students fun and interested, involve in the materials and the objectives are achieved.

    Conclusion, what I should do to improve my materials and microteaching. First, I need more and more practice. Second, well preparation or be more creative, the media and the material, for instance, preparing any other media to make students more interested in learning, and thinking other way to achieved the objectives. Third, as Adit said to me that I must speak loudly and clearly. In addition, I need well structured lesson plan.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Etik Ektafia S
    2201406063
    TEFL 2

    Group:
    YENY KURNIAWATI (2201406086)
    Umi Hikmawati (2201406079)
    Lilik Lutfiani (2201406088)



    THE REFLECTION OF MY MICROTEACHING

    Learning reading is a boring lesson for some students. They have some reasons to express their unlikeness to it, for instance they will say that they got nothing by reading in the classroom. It is because most of the teachers just give a reading passage, and then ask them to do the exercises in every meeting without explain about the strategy to get new knowledge by reading that passage. The students will not find that learning reading is interesting because they do not know how to understand the idea of the passage.

    In my reading passage, I try to find out whether the students understand the passage or not. The objective of my lesson is by the end of the lesson, students are able to answer the comprehension questions and deconstruct the text.

    The type of reading passage I gave to my students is report text. It is about kangaroo. First, I showed a picture of kangaroo as a media to the students. Then, I asked some question about the picture related to the passage in order the students knew the difficult vocabulary. After that, I gave the passage to them and asked them to read it in their heart.

    In teaching this passage I prepare two kinds of exercises. First, I used comprehension questions. For checking their understanding about the passage, I asked them to answer the questions orally. And then I asked them to deconstruct the text.

    The reading exercises as I used in my microteaching is effective enough. That is because by giving some keywords before they read would help them to guess what the passage about. And then, after read it they will understand what idea we could get. Moreover, it will be completed when the teacher give additional explanation about the passage.

    I have learned many things after preparing the reading exercises and doing the microteaching. First, I know that we must have a good mental readiness to do this microteaching besides prepared all about whatever we needed so that we could do the microteaching confidently and does not felt nervous. And in order to be a creative teacher, I should create a positive classroom climate. Second, after did my microteaching, I felt that teaching is not an easy job. However, if we prepare it well we would find that teaching is very fun and interesting.

    In order to improve my material and my microteaching, I must learn more and more. I can do it by reading many books, practice as often as possible, and prepare it well so that I will not get nervous in doing the microteaching.

    At last, be a teacher is not an easy job. However, if we prepare anything we need such as good materials, good exercises, good strategy and good mental in teaching we will find that teaching is fun and interesting. So as a teacher we must have motivation and love in teaching children in order we can enjoy our job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. AFRILIA SUHENI
    2201406056
    TEFL 2/ MR ROHANI
    ROMBEL 5







    The members of the group:
    1. Medina Rahmah (2201405575)
    2. Eva Amalia (2201406040)
    3. Fera Leuk M (2201406045)
    4. Afrilia Suheni (2201406056)
    5. Dian Khoirun N (2201406525)








    Being a teacher is an interesting profession. Here, we always face various type of children. We have to use our heart, feeling, mind, and logic to understand students well. Before being a real teacher, we have to try microteaching regularly. Because, as everyone knows that language is a practice, not only understand. So do the teaching. We have to get more exercises and practices to make better in teaching.
    Some days ago, at Thursday, April 2, 2009, our group did microteaching. We were consisting of 5 people, Afrilia, Eva, Leuk, Dian, and Medina. We did microteaching in turn. We had 15 minutes for each, but I need more than 15 minutes to finish my microteaching.
    At that day, I taught reading class with a little exercise. I gave text to the students and asked them to read. But, firstly I showed a picture to stimulate them. I tried to ask some questions to the students related with the picture in their daily life. For example, “Do you know about this picture”? “Where can you find out this animal”? I just want to stimulate them and ignore the “flat impression” or boredom that may occur.
    My lesson’s objective is to make the students understand about narrative text and can apply in their daily lives. They can learn more about the story and the message inside. So they can apply the positive side of the story itself.

    It was about narrative text, fable entitled “Mouse Deer and Tiger”. It’s about the smart mouse deer. Mouse deer that walked alone to look for some food in a forest. But he met tiger which tried to catch and eat him. But, mouse deer was smart and he always got so many tricks to trick the tiger. The first meeting with tiger, mouse deer acted as the king’s guard that was waiting for the king’s pudding. It’s the best pudding in the world. Tiger wanted to eat the pudding and let mouse deer run from here. Fortunately, it wasn’t a pudding but mud puddle. Mouse deer can trick the tiger until three times. Finally, the tiger died because it was squeezed and bit by cobra.
    After students understand the content of the text, and we finished discuss it, I tried to give them an exercise in order to analyze how far they understood and knew about our lesson. I gave them true false exercise, matching words and pictures, matching words with their Indonesian meaning, fill in the blank or completion, and answer some questions based on the text (essay). I only gave about five questions for each item, so they won’t get bored. I asked them to do the exercises carefully. Hope they will not cheat each other. I wanted them to do individually, but after doing that we can discuss it later.
    According to me, my exercise is effective enough for my students because there were some type of test items. There were pictures that can stimulate them to more interest in doing the exercises. It’s not so difficult and not so easy I think. So, they can get more when doing the exercises. It’s only to improve and enlarge their understanding. At that time, when I did my microteaching, I only asked the students to do some exercises because of the limited time. They can do the rest as their homework.
    As we know that if we want to teach well, we have to do practice and practice. And I believed that all of my friends got new experiences after doing their own microteaching. And so do I. I’ve learnt many things in doing my microteaching. Begin from finding the reading material, preparing reading exercises, until doing microteaching. I learned many things there. May be I feel nervous for the first time, although we only consist of 5 students. But, at the end I enjoy with my class. So, I hope I can practice more and more.
    One day, I will be a teacher. And here, I need early preparation. I want to be a good and professional teacher; I want to be my students’ inspiration. And I think that I still have enough time to make more preparation to achieve that.
    For me, I still need more practice to make my teaching well and acceptable by all the students. Obviously I have to improve my microteaching and material. The important things I have to do are always study hard, master the material well and practice more. I only have to do them. Besides that I need my lecturer and my friends around me to give assessment and advices about my microteaching. Wish I could be a good teacher for my students later.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ATIK HIDAYAH
    2201406604

    Group members:
    Evi Uswatun Khasanah
    Rizka Diviyanti
    Ratnawati

    Microteaching Reflection Essay

    Teaching reading is more difficult than teaching listening or speaking. For some students it is such kind of a boring class which they want to avoid. In teaching reading the teacher has to make the students need to read instead of making them have to read.

    I have done my microteaching with my group on Monday, 6th of April 2009 and each of us was given fifteen minutes to do the microteaching. The objective of my lesson is at the end of the lesson students should be able to: 1) understand the content of the reading passage including the vocabulary; 2) use several idiomatic phrases in sentences.

    I chose narrative text that is short story in my microteaching and the title is “A Lion and A Rabbit”. The reading material is suitable for elementary school level year VI. I decided to choose this text because the story is good; there is moral value that the writer wants to share to the reader that is we mustn’t be arrogant even though we are powerful and not to look down upon somebody. Furthermore, there are several idiomatic phrases in the passage for instance to look down upon, to get rid of, make up one’s mind and so on. As a teacher we have to introduce idiomatic phrases to our students even for elementary level. Because in English there are so many idioms used in texts either written or spoken. The text is a story about a rabbit that lived in the forest with a lion. The lion always looked down upon the rabbit and her a lot. The rabbit could stand it no longer, so she made up her mind to get rid of him by a trick. In my opinion the story will amuse the students.

    I started my reading microteaching with introduction of the key vocabularies related to the passage so they will be able to understand what the text is about. They are insult, beat, obey, hastened, etc. On the other hand, I didn’t explain about the idiomatic phrases before the read the passage because it was for stimulating the students’ mind to think. I brought some pictures as the media for the key vocabularies. I did the pre-reading activity like what Mr. Rohani had taught us. After the students understood the key vocabularies they were given the passage and asked to read the text silently. Next, I asked them read aloud the text by taking turns. Then, I explained the idiomatic phrases. Finally, they had to do the exercises.

    For the exercises I had prepared reading comprehension and completion, three questions for comprehension and six questions for completion. The completion is about completing some sentences with the idiomatic phrases which I had taught. In my microteaching it worked effectively because my students are my friends and they are not in the elementary level. All of them did the exercises correctly since they are students of English Department who had already known those idiomatic phrases. I think if I taught the real elementary students the result would be different. Or may be I need more time to reach the objective of my lesson. Fifteen minutes is very short.

    During the process I have learned that preparing the exercises is not as simple as I thought before. I know how difficult to make the exercises. The exercises are used to measure the students’ understanding towards the reading material and to improve their knowledge in certain topic. So it must be well prepared. From the microteaching I learned that as a teacher we have to give students a sense of purpose for reading rather than just order them to read. We have to change their mind that reading is a fun class.

    I need more practice to improve my microteaching. It will make me not being nervous and more naturally in teaching. Moreover, I need to learn the techniques how to make students give their whole attention to me in teaching learning process. Choosing the material is also important to be considered because it is related to the goals of the students in learning to read English. It is should be relevant to the goals and the level of the students.

    ReplyDelete
  19. NAME : WINARNI
    NIM : 2201406081
    GROUP :
    LINA P.D (2201406077)
    WINARNI (2201406081)
    HIMMAH ULYANA (2201406092)

    REFLECTION ESSAY
    On Thursday, 2 April 2009 Mr. Rohani couldn’t taught in our class, he gave us an online assignment that have to submited in his blog. We asked to do microteaching in a group of four. In my microteaching, I asked my friend to be as students in Senior High School. I taught them about reading and I explained the passage to them. The objectives of my lesson are the students are able to identify the topic of the passage, they are able to get information about the contents of the passage and they are able to learn the difficult words.
    I taught the material from handout SMA grade XI and the title is “ Cassini-Huygens Mission”. It tells about satellite Cassini-Huggens’ landing on the surface of Titan. This is the complete of the passage :
    The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) worked together with European Space Administration (ESA) had launched Cassini-Huygens in July 1997. Its work is to explore the second largest planet of Solar System, Saturn, its rings and satellite especially Titan. To reach there, Cassini-Huygens used a rocket named Centura 4.
    Arriving the orbit of Saturn, Huygens, the crusier will land on Titan and explore its surface and atmosphere. When Huygens works on the surface of Titan. Cassini orbits Saturn for four year long. It will also learn Saturn atmosphere, magnetosphere and magnetic field. Cassini will also learn the othet Saturn’s satellites, that is, Enclaudus and Lapetus. Enclaudus’s diameter is about 500 km, and almost entire of its surface is covered with ice. Lapetus’s diameter is about 1440 km, and has puzzled the scientists as it has two different colored ‘faces’; one part of its surface is heavy dark while the other is as white as snow.
    Huygens will land on the surface of Titan in the speed of 600 meter per second, and to slow down its speed it is helped by three parachutes. It will work there for about two and a half hours. It will collect data of the surface of Titan and send them to Cassini. Huygens’s work is recording the physical characteristic of this satellite particularly the atmospheric pressure. Density and temperature, etc. After working, Huygens will be left on the surface of Titan as a ‘martyr’, means it will not return to the Earth and be there as an unknown object forever and ever, for all time. With this mission, all of the mistery of Saturn and its satellites is expected to be recovered.
    After explained the passage, I gave my students some exercises based on the reading passage. The exercises divided into three kinds :First, the short answer question. Students have to answered the questions completely based on the passage. There are five-teen questions. Second, finding the meaning of the difficult words, in order to increase the students vocabulary. And the last, I gave them a picture that content the Solar System and they have to give number for each box. After the students did their exercises, I asked them to read the passage to check their pronunciation.
    I think the exercises that I gave to the students is easy because I used the simple words in order to make students understand the material, and they can answer the questions correctly. I also used a picture that showed NASA’s satellite and the Solar System so they can remember and understand the passage.
    From preparing the exercises and doing microteaching, I have learned that making exercise is not easy. It has a lot of difficulties because we must make the exercises creatively and do not make the students confused. Besides that, we as the teacher also used the techniques of measure the achievement of students. While in doing microteaching, I have to worked hard to make my students interest in my teaching and its difficult enough.
    There are many things that I should do to improve my material and microteaching. I need to learn again about the theory of teaching, in order to can teach the students well. I also need more practice teaching especially in front of the class and get rid of my nervous. Studying TEFL 2 is very useful for me to become a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  20. NAME : WINARNI
    NIM : 2201406081
    GROUP :
    LINA P.D (2201406077)
    RATIH RESPITA DEWI (2201406083)
    HIMMAH ULYANA (2201406092)

    REFLECTION ESSAY
    On Thursday, 2 April 2009 Mr. Rohani couldn’t taught in our class, he gave us an online assignment that have to submited in his blog. We asked to do microteaching in a group of four. In my microteaching, I asked my friend to be as students in Senior High School. I taught them about reading and I explained the passage to them. The objectives of my lesson are the students are able to identify the topic of the passage, they are able to get information about the contents of the passage and they are able to learn the difficult words.
    I taught the material from handout SMA grade XI and the title is “ Cassini-Huygens Mission”. It tells about satellite Cassini-Huggens’ landing on the surface of Titan. This is the complete of the passage :
    The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) worked together with European Space Administration (ESA) had launched Cassini-Huygens in July 1997. Its work is to explore the second largest planet of Solar System, Saturn, its rings and satellite especially Titan. To reach there, Cassini-Huygens used a rocket named Centura 4.
    Arriving the orbit of Saturn, Huygens, the crusier will land on Titan and explore its surface and atmosphere. When Huygens works on the surface of Titan. Cassini orbits Saturn for four year long. It will also learn Saturn atmosphere, magnetosphere and magnetic field. Cassini will also learn the othet Saturn’s satellites, that is, Enclaudus and Lapetus. Enclaudus’s diameter is about 500 km, and almost entire of its surface is covered with ice. Lapetus’s diameter is about 1440 km, and has puzzled the scientists as it has two different colored ‘faces’; one part of its surface is heavy dark while the other is as white as snow.
    Huygens will land on the surface of Titan in the speed of 600 meter per second, and to slow down its speed it is helped by three parachutes. It will work there for about two and a half hours. It will collect data of the surface of Titan and send them to Cassini. Huygens’s work is recording the physical characteristic of this satellite particularly the atmospheric pressure. Density and temperature, etc. After working, Huygens will be left on the surface of Titan as a ‘martyr’, means it will not return to the Earth and be there as an unknown object forever and ever, for all time. With this mission, all of the mistery of Saturn and its satellites is expected to be recovered.
    After explained the passage, I gave my students some exercises based on the reading passage. The exercises divided into three kinds :First, the short answer question. Students have to answered the questions completely based on the passage. There are five-teen questions. Second, finding the meaning of the difficult words, in order to increase the students vocabulary. And the last, I gave them a picture that content the Solar System and they have to give number for each box. After the students did their exercises, I asked them to read the passage to check their pronunciation.
    I think the exercises that I gave to the students is easy because I used the simple words in order to make students understand the material, and they can answer the questions correctly. I also used a picture that showed NASA’s satellite and the Solar System so they can remember and understand the passage.
    From preparing the exercises and doing microteaching, I have learned that making exercise is not easy. It has a lot of difficulties because we must make the exercises creatively and do not make the students confused. Besides that, we as the teacher also used the techniques of measure the achievement of students. While in doing microteaching, I have to worked hard to make my students interest in my teaching and its difficult enough.
    There are many things that I should do to improve my material and microteaching. I need to learn again about the theory of teaching, in order to can teach the students well. I also need more practice teaching especially in front of the class and get rid of my nervous. Studying TEFL 2 is very useful for me to become a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Name : APRILIAN RIA ADISTI
    No : 2201406540
    Rombel : 05
    Subject : TEFL 2
    Group members :
    - Heni Tri Wardhani (22014065610)
    - Dian Setya Rini (2201406551)
    - Aan Safurrah (2201406554)
    - Putriana Maghfiroh (2201406538)

    Monday, April 13, 2009 at 16.00 A.M, I conducted microteaching with four my friends in gazebo English Department. We did our microteaching as long as 15 minutes. Me, my self taught about descriptive text. The objective of my lesson is the students (my friends) are able to:
    Find out the main idea from the text.
    Retell the text systematically.
    Answer the questions based on the text.
    I taught descriptive text using a text which title is “Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono”. This text was about description of Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, included his identity, his family, his academic, and also his profession before now he becomes the president of Indonesia.
    I have prepared the exercises about the text to check my students’ understanding. I gave them 10 items and they had to answer with chose true or false based on the text. From that, I could know how far my students understood about the text.
    According my opinion, the exercises were very effective because they indicate whether my students could get the point of the text or not. They also indicate how far my microteaching was successful or not because if my microteaching was successful, my students would be able to answer the exercises well.
    In preparing the reading exercises and doing the microteaching, I learned many things:
    Before doing microteaching, we have to prepare anything well, include the material and also the exercises.
    The choice of reading text is very important because it determines weather reading class will become interesting for students or not, because if the text is easy to be understood, the students will feel fun and enjoy the lesson.
    The interaction between teacher and students is very important.
    I am sure that my microteaching still less perfect so I have to improve later with good preparation in mastering the text and also making the interesting way in teaching reading. The most important thing that I have to do is improving my confidence so later I can teach with full of my confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  22. HIMMAH ULYANA
    2201406092
    TEFL 2 (ROMBEL 05)

    Group members:
    Lina P. D (2201406077)
    Winarni (2201406081)
    Ratih Respita. D (2201406083)

    MICROTEACHING REFLECTION ESSAY

    I practiced microteaching (teaching reading) with the members of my group on Wednesday, April 2 2009. Stating objective is very important before doing teaching-learning process. Because, as a teacher, we need to measure the students’ achievement of the lesson given to them. Because the time given for microteaching was only 15 minutes, so I stated an objective of my microteaching was by the end of the lesson, the students should be able to identify the short story, entitled “Pinocchio”, including the moral value and the sentence pattern of the reading passage.

    The reason why I choose that material, because it was my strategy to improve the students’ interest in reading class, the material that closely related and familiar with them. It is a short story that maybe they often hear or read about it. The story is about a wood carver and his puppet, names Pinocchio. One day, it was a magic, Pinocchio could talk suddenly, and he lived like a boy, but his body was made of wood. Pinocchio was cheerful but very naughty. When he went to school, he stopped to see a puppet show. He also performed their ability in dance and got five copper coins. Then he met a lame Fox and a blind cat. Knowing that Pinocchio had money, they planned a bad strategy to take the money by force. But Pinocchio’s Guardian Fairy, names Blue Fairy, sent Rufus (her dog) to chase the Fox and Cat away. Then she interrogated Pinocchio and also gave some advices. She told that if Pinocchio tell a lie, his nose will grow. And when he tells the truth, it will shrink. Pinocchio could become a real boy if he learns how to be brave, honest and generous. Then, she told Pinocchio to go home without stop for any reason. But, Pinocchio still interested with a circus when he met some boys who told him a wonderful place which filled with games, giant cakes, pretty candies, and circuses. But suddenly, all of that boy change into donkeys included Pinocchio. Knowing that Pinocchio was not a perfect donkey (because he made from wood), the Circus Master threw him into the sea. Instantly, he changed into normal again. He was swallowed by a great whale no longer after swim. And on the whale’s stomach he met his father, Geppetto. Then he helped his father to go out from that whale’s stomach. And they were success. Home at last, the next morning Pinocchio change to be a real boy.

    I prepared some exercises to evaluate the student’s measurement in understanding that material. There were comprehension questions and asked to arrange the sentences and pictures in the correct order based on the story. Those exercises were quite effective to assess the students’ understanding about the passage. The sequenced and colored pictures were effectively used as an exercise in order to attract the students’ attraction and help them to remember the idea. From the exercises, known that the students caught the idea of the passage, including the characters, setting time and place, moral value. But the sentence pattern of it hadn’t caught by them yet. Because, we also hadn’t discuss it before. The time was very limited.

    I have learned some important things to prepare the reading exercise and doing the microteaching. First, it is important to have media. Second, it is very useful to give some questions based on their background knowledge to the students before giving the reading passage to gain their attention and to link them to the text. And to prepare the reading exercise, it is very important to give the clear instruction to the reading exercise so that the student will not get confused.
    To improve my material and microteaching I should prepare more media. Giving some questions to the students before reading section will help much. I should give the students chance to discuss with their friends, and give them chance to ask some questions and some difficult words. And the most important thing is I have to more practice in teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  23. TEFL 2 MICROTEACHING REFLACTION
    Name: PUTRIANA MAGHFIROH (2201406538)
    Group members:
    1.Aprilian Ria Adisti
    2.Heni Tri Wardhani
    3.Dhian Setyarini
    4.Aan Safuroh

    Our group conducted our small microteaching on Monday, 13th April 2009 at 4 PM in B3 Park. Every of us have already prepared our own materials. My material is about narrative text. I choose the narrative text because I hope students will be able to:
    1.understand the specific information from the narrative text accurately
    2.know and acquainted about the narrative text
    3.find out the main idea from the text
    4.and retell the story of the text with their own words

    For prop up my micro teaching, I use a narrative text. There is a story tale from Western titled “The Three Little Pigs”. This text is about three little pigs who go to roam the forest to seek their fortune. Each of them met a man who bring something which is the materials of the house will they build. And story of their struggling to be alive from the tricky wolf.
    To check my students understand about the text, I give them a classroom work. There are some questions based on the text. So, I can easily know whether they understand the text or not.
    I think it so effective enough to make them read the text. I plan some strategy in my micro teaching. First, I use a pig doll to interest their attention. I asked them about what think when they saw the doll first time. Second, I use a picture of the three little pigs also asked them what they know about them. Finally, I gave them the whole of the text. This strategy make my students interest to read the text. And absolutely improve their motivation to learn reading.
    In preparing and doing the micro teaching, I learn many things. From the text, it is appropriate with the students’ competency. They more interested in the text which start with some models. I also learn about how to construct an interesting and attractive reading lesson, learn how to give good feedback and reinforcement to my students. I know how difficult and hard to do that. So by doing this small microteaching, I get a big opportunity to learn “Trial and Error” how teaching in reading class. So in the future, hopefully, I would plan a better and interesting reading class. So my students will felt more enjoy and interest in learning reading.
    Honestly, until now I still found difficulties in teaching reading. But I promise, I will improve my abilities as a good teacher by more practice in teaching like make a small microteaching with my friends, and improve my knowledge about everything which will improve my knowledge to be a good teacher.
    Unfortunately, because I did microteaching with my friends, it looked so easy because they understand what we were doing, so everything was ok. I think that the real teaching process will be more complicated, so I need more practice.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Slamet Rusdiyanto
    2201406078
    Group members :
    1.Ahmad Fitri Al Amin (2201406068)
    2.Nur Fatoni (2201406070)
    3.Fachry Dody Pramono (2201406085)
    4.Aditya Rahman (2201406089)

    A REFLECTION ESSAY OF TEACHING READING

    In a reading class, students usually get bored because of an uninteresting reading passage and boring exercises or activities. In order to understand why it can happen in reading class and in order to know that actually I can teach reading in a better condition or situation, or just the same condition “ boring “.
    I had conducted a microteaching using reading passage and exercises prepared with four students on Wednesday, April 8, 2009. The objectives of my lesson were that by the end of the lesson students were able to :
    1.Understand what is meant by “ sequence of events “in narrative text by mentioning in order the events in the story or the passage.
    2.Get the moral values of the reading passage or story given and get the information from the story or the passage.
    3.Understand the difficult words or vocabularies in the reading passage.
    In this microteaching I prepared a reading passage which was a narrative text. The text contained very good moral values that I hoped students were able to understand it trough the exercises and activities given. The appropriate exercises and activities were very important in order to be able to achieve the objectives. So that I prepared some exercises. They were reviewing the passage, play with the vocabulary, and true-false statements.
    I had tried to do the microteaching systematically. After opening the class, beginning the lesson by reading a narrative text entitle “A Black Cat”. We did the first exercise. I asked the students to read the text one by one then we reviewed the passage. This exercise or activity had a goal to cheek whether the students. I asked the students one by one the understand the sequence of event in the story or not. Sequence of events of the story after I mentioned the complication. This activity was effective enough because in fact the students responses was quite good and it indicated that the students understood the story or the order of the story.
    The next exercises was “play with the vocabulary”. I had prepared to exercises in play with vocabulary. They were synonym items. First, students had to match two groups of words which had the same meaning”. The second, I had prepared some words and the students had to find the synonyms on the passage. In doing these exercises I devided the students into two groups, or pairs and they had to do it in pairs, and they had to complete one each other. Team which finished the exercises faster and had more correct answers became the winner.
    These exercises were very effective because the students were very involved in the lesson. They were very enthusiastic in answering the questions better than the others so that they were active in class and it very influenced to the next exercise.
    In the last exercise that was “TRUE – FALSE STATEMENTS”, the students were very active. I prepared some statements then the students had to decide whether the statements were TRUE or FALSE BASED ON THE PASSIVE. This activity or exercise was very effective because I could know whether the students understood the passage or not. Which student who read the passage seriously which one didn’t.
    Before closing the lesson, I asked the students what moral value they got. Some of them gave correct responses, for example, “ we have to love our pets “, “ we may not be a bad temper man “, “ we may not drunk “, etc. so that I can conclude that the exercises and activities prepared were effective.
    From the preparation and the microteaching itself, I can learn that if we want to succeed in teaching reading, we have to prepare an interesting passage and exercise or activity. How we teach the students is the key. Although we have prepare a very interesting passage and exercise but we cannot teach with an appropriate activity it will be nothing. So that we have to create an interesting activity so that we can attract students’ attention and students will be involved in the lesson. The activities should make the students interested with the lesson.
    So, to improve the materials and the microteaching, at least we have to consider two things. First, the preparation, the reading passage and the exercises should be well-prepared. In choosing the reading passage we have to make sure that the reading passage can make the students interested. The exercises should be matched with the passage and of course we have to master or understand both the reading passage and the exercises. Students’ interest can be one of the consideration in choosing the topic of the reading passage then the second is the teaching skill. We have to improve our skill, how to set series of activities in the learning and teaching process how activities prepared can encourage the students. How the activities prepared can attract students attention so that they can involve in the learning and teaching process and finally students are able to understand the material given or taught to them. Or in other word the objective of our lesson achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Name : Fachry Dody Pramono
    NIM : 2201406085

    My group:- Ahmad Fitri Al-Amin (2201406068)
    - Slamet Rusdianto (2201406078)
    - Nur Fatoni (2201406070)
    - Aditya Rahman (2201406089)

    A REFLECTION ESSAY OF TEACHING READING

    The objective of my lesson is that by the end of the lesson, students are able to identify the type of the passage and retell what the passage is about. The reading passage that I provided was about bingkuang fruit (Indonesian herb plants). Reading exercises I prepared were True-False item, Multiple-choice item, Fill-in-the-Blank item, and essay item. Sample items of the exercises are as follow:
    A.True-False item
    Direction: mark off one of the brackets in each number. “T” means that the statement is true based on the passage, and “F” means that the statement is false or not affirmed in the passage.
    1.Bingkuang is a seasonal fruit.
    T ( ) or F ( )
    2.Bingkuang is similar to a potato especially in growing it.
    T ( ) or F ( )
    3. The longer bingkuang is kept, the sweeter taste it will have.
    T ( ) or F ( )

    B. Multiple-choice item
    Direction: choose the correct answer by crossing a, b, c or d.
    1. “If the skin is damaged it will rot easily.”
    The synonym of the underlined word is…
    a. break
    b. decay
    c. copulate
    d. mess
    2. The text above is in the form of…..
    a. Narrative
    b. Recount
    c. Report
    d. Anecdote
    3. The purpose of the text is….
    a. to persuade readers to eat bingkuang a lot.
    b. to share an amusing story of bingkuang.
    c. to inform readers about bingkuang.
    d. to announce that bingkuang is health.

    C. Fill-in-the-Blanks item
    Direction: complete the following statements with appropriate words given.
    1. Binkuang, a symbol of Padang, is a …………of tropical…………in Indonesia.
    2. It is often used as ………….of traditional…………… like rujak and sari buah.
    3. With Bingkuang the plant’s flower ………..is planted in the…………

    seed ground ingredient food kind fruit
    D. Essay item
    1. What is bingkuang? Describe it with your own words!
    2. Mention the benefits of bingkuang!

    The exercises as I used in the microteaching was quite effective in attracting students’ interest and to lend a hand them in comprehending the content of the passage. I have learned many things from preparing the reading exercises and doing the microteaching. First of all, in reading class, actually in any classes, using model or media is very effective in attracting students’ interest because they are unsure what kind of thing that teacher provides to them. And they will imagine that they are going to dig up something new from the model or media, even they are not acquainted with it before. Secondly, it is quite important for the teacher to set off students’ mind about the model or media, it is, because it can build up their perception to the model or media, and also it can improve their vocabularies. In this case, the teacher should give them prior knowledge to the students first and then give them key vocabulary items. And then the third, it is not always easy to teach the students, sometimes they did not shell out any attention to the teacher. Perhaps, they get bored of teacher’s explanation or less interesting about the topic, etc. These are some problems that the teacher should resolve. To improve my material and microteaching, I should be more confident in facing the students and their questions because I felt lack of confidence even in front my friends when they take steps as my students.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wisdiyan Hadi Hastomo (2201406058)
    (TEFL 2 ROMBEL 5, Thursday 07.00)
    Muhammad gunarso (2201406602)
    Virgiawan Listanto (2201406050)
    Erwin Sih Utomo (2201406053)
    Kharisma Cleverian (2201406038)
    Our Group has conducted the microteaching reflection on Wednesday, 14 April, 2009. I, my self, taught about narrative text type. Thus, the objectives of the lesson are:
     identify the structure of narrative texts;
     identify meanings and information in narrative texts;
     read and understand narrative texts.
    The title of the narrative text is “Fortune Teller”. It is about a man called Lin lived in Taipei city with his wife. They were unhappy because they did not have child. Their live changed at the time when they found a baby by outside of their house door. Lin and his wife took care to the baby as their own child and gave him a name Sau Ling
    The happy life family, Sau Ling with his parents, shot to pieces when a fortune teller came to their house and told Lin and his wife that their children would bring them disaster by telling that Sau Ling would be a thief. The fortune teller said that they, Mr. and Mrs. Lin, must send Sau Ling far away from their house. Believing in what the fortune teller’s said, Mr. and Mrs. Lin gave Sau Lin money and some clothes send him far away from their house.
    Several years latter Sau Ling found a bag which was full of small gold bars. When Sau Ling returned it to the owner of the bag who was also a rich merchant, he was very glad and gave Sau Ling a job. Then, Sau Ling returned to his house in Taipei. Mr. and Mrs. Lin were delighted to see him again. There was also the fortune teller in their house. He left the house and could not say any words to see his prediction was wrong. Mr. and Mrs. Lin never believed in fortune-teller after that.
    For reading exercise which I made in the microteaching, I prepared two kinds of exercises, they were “True or False” question and answer the following question based on the passage. For the first exercise, I made several questions which had to be answer true or false based on the passage. However, the “true or false” question, according to my opinion, is not enough for checking weather the students understood or not the passage. Thus, I made the second exercise which consisted several questions that had to be answered in the complete sentence based on the reading passage which the students had read. I chose this method because if there had been only “true or false” questions for checking the students’ level of knowledge about the reading passage, the students might have just guessed the answer between true or false. So, the second exercise was made for eliminating the first exercise blind side.
    The exercises I had prepared for the microteaching was effective enough. It was effective because both two of exercises I made was indirectly connected each other. I mean here that the first, true or false question, exercise was used for the warming up before the students answer the second exercise. The students just had to answer “true or false” while they also had to check the text a little bit whether their answer was right or not. The second exercise the students had to answer the questions in the complete sentences. It meant that students also had to really understand what the passage about. In the last question of the second exercise, I made a question that should be answered based on the students’ opinion, “after reading the passage, do you believe in what fortune tellers’ say?”. The question made students directly engage in the passage by giving their own opinion about the topic of the passage.
    After preparing the reading exercise and doing the microteaching, I learned an important thing that must have been prepared before doing the teaching reading. I must prepare everything clearly and systematically so that the students can get the material I want to teach. For the teaching reading it self, I must make a Building Knowledge to the students about the vocabulary I want them to learn such as; fortune teller, baby, honest, bag, merchant, etc. This pattern will make students find no difficulties word in reading the passage.
    What I should improve in doing the microteaching is that I have to prepare the reading passage better. The realia should be also used as often as possible so that the teaching activity becomes interesting for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Muhammad Gunarso
    2201406602
    (TEFL 2 ROMBEL 5, Thursday 07.00)
    Virgiawan Listanto (2201406050)
    Erwin Sih Utomo (2201406053)
    Kharisma Cleverian (2201406038)
    Wisdiyan Hadi Hastomo (2201406058)
    “Essay Reflection”

    Our group consists of five persons; we have conducted our microteaching on Wednesday, April 14, 2009 at 8 P.M. we have already prepared our own materials. I, myself taught about Anecdote text. By teaching Anecdote text, I have some objectives of the lesson. They are:
    1. Identify the structure of the Anecdote text
    2. Gain the meanings of vocabulary from the text.
    3. Can read the text in good pronunciation and intonation.
    4. Find out the main idea from the text.
    To support my microteaching, I used an anecdote text entitled “A Rat beneath a mattress”. And an instrument that is a picture of a large mouse or often called “Rat” and its part of its body. Then, I tried to explain some words according to the passage that I thought it was difficult to understand for the students. After that I asked the students to read one by one to check their ability in reading through the correct pronunciation and intonation.
    This text talked about two persons, Joni and the writer, who had just arrived in a new boarding house. They found that a room had been dirty because it was so long that hadn’t used. Everything was extremely messy. They decide to clean the room, so they swept the floor first and set the room according to their pleasure.
    After a few minutes, there was a movement beneath the mattress. Then Joni directly shouted “snake, snake, snake!” Because he thought it was a snake. It moved to the behind of the cupboard.
    For an instant, the writer got the broom quickly and came closer to the cupboard. Then he hit and killed it with the stick of the broom. Joni was very curious. He wanted to know what kind of animal it was.
    Later on, they found out that it was a rat, a small animal with a long tail that looked like a large mouse. It had obviously been fast in movement. Joni must have had a terrible shock because he had been very afraid of snake, so he thought it was a snake.
    To check the students’ understanding about the content of the text, I gave them questions. It was stating True false questions. So, I can easily determine whether they understand the text or not.
    I think it is effective enough to make them read the text, but when I applied it in my microteaching; I saw them less interest to it. So I plan another kind of exercise to the teaching reading lesson which is more interesting and fun, so the students will more motivated to learn reading. And, finally they would read more fluently and their pronunciation just like as native, hopefully.
    In preparing the microteaching, I learn about what is anecdote text: from which text is appropriate with the students’ competency but still appropriate with the curriculum, till how to construct a good and attractive reading lesson, and how to give good feedback and reinforcement to the students and the last but not least how to construct good interactive exercise to assess the students’ skill. I understand how difficult and hard to do that. So by doing this microteaching I get an opportunity to learn “trial and error” how to teach reading comprehension, so in the future, hopefully I would plan a better and interactive reading comprehension lesson. So the student will find more enjoy, easy, and fun in learning reading.
    According to my friend suggestions, in my microteaching there are some aspects that must be fixed to make it better such as when I conveyed the material about the anecdote text I should use appropriate lexical items that easily to be caught by the student and I should arrange the steps in sequence condition that make it run from the easiest level to the hardest level. Maybe for now on I still found difficulties in teaching reading. But I will improve my abilities in teaching by more practice in teaching and improve my knowledge about many kinds of text, so I can use the appropriate text that is suitable with the students’ ability.

    ReplyDelete
  28. ERWIN SIH UTOMO
    2201406053
    (TEFL 2 ROMBEL 5, Thursday 07.00)
    Muhammad Gunarso (2201406602)

    Virgiawan Listanto (2201406050)
    Kharisma Cleverian (2201406038)
    Wisdiyan Hadi Hastomo (2201406058)


    Our Group has done the microteaching reflection on Tuesday, 14 April, 2009. I taught about descriptive text type. Thus, the objectives of the lesson are:
    1. identify the structure of descriptive texts;
    2. identify meanings and information in descriptive texts;
    3. read and understand descriptive texts.
    The title of the descriptive text is “Bali Action”. As warming up, I showed pictures related to the reading passage. It was Balinese temple, Kuta beach, snorkeling, diving, parasailing, and surfing pictures. Then we talk about what activity we can do if we are in Bali. There are many activities we can do, such as surfing, with dolphins, cruises, parasailing, diving, snorkeling, cruises, and swimming. I tried to explain some words according to the passage that I thought it was difficult to understand for the students. After that I asked the students to read one by one to check their ability in reading through the correct pronunciation and intonation. The title of the passage is “Bali Action”.
    The amazing choice of different activities available in Bali means that there is indeed something for everyone. Whether you want to throw yourself from high attitudes, hurtle down frothing rapids, explore the wonders of the deep or just lie back and take it easy. Bali has perfected the art of keeping its guests happy.
    The beach is a major factor in any island holiday and Bali has a coastline which offers every possible water activity including surfing some of the best waves in the world, swimming with dolphins, cruises, snorkeling, diving, sailing and parasailing. For snorkeling and diving, the closest spots to Kuta are Benoa and Sanur beaches where all the relevant equipment can be hired. Further afield, good destinations include Pulau Serangan, Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan in the south, Padang Bai, Candidasa, Tulamben and Amed in the east, Lovina, in the north and the amazing Pulau Menjangan in the northwest.
    Bali's waves are world famous and range from safe beach breaks for beginners like Kuta to the awesome swells at Padang Padang, Uluwatu and Nusa Lembongan, which regularly attract the pros. Beginners should respect the sea and stay within depth to start with as the current can be very strong. Apart from Kuta and Legian beaches, Medewi is also good for beginners. For the more experienced, Nusa Dua has a number of breaks as does Sanur; Canggu, Ketewel and the area around the airport are also popular with experienced surfers.

    For reading exercise which I made in the microteaching, I prepared “True or False” question. I made several questions which had to be answer true or false based on the passage. However, the “true or false” question, according to my opinion, is not enough for checking weather the students understood or not the passage. They may just guess when answering questions.
    The exercises I had prepared for the microteaching was not effective enough. It was not effective because the students do not say about their opinion. They just answer it based on the passage. The students just had to answer “true or false” while they also had to check the text a little bit whether their answer was right or not. I should prepare another question that stimulating student curiosity so they really thinking what it is and not just guessing. It meant that students also had to really understand what the passage about.
    After preparing the reading exercise and doing the microteaching, I learned an important thing that must have been prepared before doing the teaching reading. I must prepare everything clearly and systematically so that the students can get the material I want to teach. For the teaching reading it self, I must make a Building Knowledge to the students about the vocabulary I want them to learn such as; snorkeling, diving, parasailing, surfing, etc. This pattern will make students find no difficulties word in reading the passage.
    What I should improve in doing the microteaching is that I have to prepare the reading passage better. The realia should be also used as often as possible so that the teaching activity becomes interesting for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  29. NAME : LINA P. D.
    NIM : 2201406077
    CLASS : TEFL2
    GROUP : WINARNI (2201406081)
    RATIH R. (2201406084)
    HIMMAH U. (2201406092)

    MICROTEACHING REFLECTION ESSAY
    On the last two weeks, I did a microteaching with my three friends. We did the microteaching in B3 Park, outside the classroom of course. In my opinion, in carrying a lesson we could do it outside the classroom as well as inside the classroom. And perhaps, do that outside will be better because if we do it outside it will bring a new condition. It also helps to refresh the students’ mind, makes them more enjoy and relax in study the lesson. As a result it can increase their motivation and participation in class, especially reading class.
    We did the microteaching for about an hour; each of us had 15 minutes to do. And there is my microteaching about….
    In that special occasion, I tried to teach reading in the form of recount text. The objective is “by the end of the lesson students should be able to identify the information from the text and the generic structure of the text. For warming up I asked them some questions related to the text about, such as:
    “Do you know what is it?” (Showed Pisa tower picture), “Where is it located?” etc.
    And there is my text:
    THE NECKLACE
    (By: Guy de Maupassant)
    Mathilda Loise was one of those pretty and charming girl who seemed to have been born through some mistakes of fortune into the wrong family. She let herself get married to a lowly-paid clerk, Frau Loisel, who worked at the Dep[artment of Education in Paris. She was unhappy because of the poor apartment in which they lived, with its shabby furniture. All day long she would think of the beautiful houses of wealthy people.
    One evening, her husband came back from the office and proudly gave her an invitation to a magnificent ball. She quickly opened and read the invitation. Instead of being delighted, she threw the invitation angrily on the table, and said with an angry look, “What use is this to me? What do you expect me to wear if I go to a party of this kind?” Freu was very upset and said, “Look, Mathilda. How much would a nice dress cost?” She thought for a moment, then replied, “Guess I could get one for 400 francs.” “All right. I’ll give you 400 francs. But try to get a really nice dress,” Frau said.
    The day of the party was getting near, but Mathilda seemed sad, worried and nervous. “What’s the matter with you?” asked her husband. “I’m annoyed because I haven’t any jewellery to wear with my dress. I will look shabby. I’d rather not go to the party”, complained Mathilda. “Go and see Mrs. Forester, your friend and ask her to lend you some jewellery,” said Frau at last. “What a good idea!” ried Mathilda.
    So the day of the party arrived. Mathilda was a great success. She looked pretty and charming. Every man in the party admired her and every woman in the party was jealous of her beauty. She felt very satisfied with her appearance.
    Returning home tiredly, she took off her coat and stood in front of the mirror. Suddenly she gave a cry. The diamond necklace was no longer there. They looked it for everywhere but the diamond was lost.
    Now, the problem was how to return the diamond to Mrs. Forester. The diamond cost 36,000 francs. Frau had to get 18,000 francs his father left for him and borrowed another 18,000 francs. At last they got the money and the first problem was overcome.
    Mathilda Loise had to live in a dreadful life more than they did before. She had to work hard. Her husband had extra work at night to pay for the 18,000 francs debt. Mathilda looked old now and dressed untidily.
    One Sunday, as she was walking on the road to get fresh air, she met Mrs. Forester. Mrs. Forester hardly recognized her. Mathilda told her about the lost diamond. Mrs. Forester, terribly upset, took her friend’s hands in her own. “Oh, my poor Mathilda! My diamond necklace was imitation! It was worth 500 francs at the most!”
    I chose recount because I want to not only improve the students’ skill in reading comprehension, but also their understanding in genre, especially recount.
    For the media aids, I used a picture of Pisa tower and necklace because the text setting was in Paris and it talked about necklace. I expected those media aids could make the students get the idea of the text easily.
    After they read, I asked them to discuss together about the text content, the vocabulary and the generic structure. Then I gave them some tasks to check whether my objective was achieved or not, and I close my microteaching session. There are my tasks:
    * FIRST PROJECT
    Answer the question below.
    1. Where did Mathilda and Frau live?
    2. Why did she feel that she was the unluckiest woman in Paris?
    3. Where do you think she lost the diamond necklace?
    4. What was Frau’s effort to return the diamond?
    5. Describe Mathilda and Frau characters!

    * SECOND PROJECT
    Create a different ending for “The Necklace”.
    ............................................................................................................................................................................................

    In the end of my microteaching, I found out that what I had prepared was not satisfied enough. Some errors were happened. I realized that my media aids were far then prefect and I guessed I need more preparation and more creativity in carrying the lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  30. AHMAD FITRI AL AMIN
    2201406068
    Group members:
    Fachri dody P.
    Slamet Rusdiyanto
    Nur Fatoni
    Aditya Rahman
    In teaching, the most important thing is objective. We can construct the lesson well when we have a certain objective.
    The lesson was about reading. I had prepared the material taken from a book. Through this lesson students were expected to be able in analyzing what types of text given, know the whole story because it enhance the students’ comprehension skill. They can retell the story to the others correctly.
    The reading passage is about narrative (legend), exactly the legend of Beowulf. Beowulf is a brave knight that has a strong power. He succeed in saving people in one of kingdom in Denmark. He fight and finally killed a half man and half-monster called Grendel. Not only Grendel, but also his mother was murdered by him when she was angry because her son’s death and wanted to revenge to Beowulf. Because of that, he become a very popular hero at that time.
    After that hard mission in killing Grendel and his mother, he went back to his country and become a king for fifteen years. However, Beowulf’s struggles had not finished yet. Suddenly there was a horrible dragon that made denials in his kingdom. He killed a lot of Beowulf’s people. Unfortunately, many knights could not kill it. Therefore, Beowulf encouraged himself to fight the dragon although, in fact, he was an old man.
    I prepared three reading passages to evaluate the student understanding and achievement. They are :
    1. Reading comprehension exercise.
    It can evaluate how far the students know about the story; characters, plot, and etc. by answering the test correctly, it means that students do not have any problems in understanding the text. Here is the questions:
    1. Who was half-man and half monster?
    2. Were the king and his men succeed in killing Grendel?
    3. Why did Beowulf do to Grendel when he fought him?
    4. What did Beowulf do to Grendel when he fought him?
    5. What happened to Grendel after he fought Beowulf?
    6. What did Grendel’s mother do when she find out about her son’s death?
    7. What did Beowulf use to kill Grendel’s mother?
    8. How long did Beowulf become king?
    9. What attacked the people in Beowulf country?
    10. What did Beowulf do about it?

    2. True and false questions.
    This exercise has a purpose to ensure that students are able to elicit their understanding about the text. They do not stuck on what the text said because this type of exercise needs more comprehension in answering correctly. The questions are available below:
    1. The story took place in a jungle.
    2. Beowulf was a brave man.
    3. There was a horrible enemy of Beowulf called Grendel.
    4. Beowulf became a hero in one of kingdom in Denmark.
    5. Beowulf went back to his country without any gift from the king.
    3. Developing a story exercise.
    The story has not complete yet. Students have to continue it. I use this strategy because this type of test is constructed to expand the student’s ability in grammar and vocabulary because the students are asked to continue the story by developing the story using their own words based on the topic that they choose. The optional topics which have to be chosen are:
    1. Beowulf killed Grendel and took treasure.
    2. Beowulf killed Grendel but he died.
    3. Grendel killed Beowulf and escaped.
    Based on my conclusion after doing microteaching, my exercises that I had constructed is effective enough in supporting the objective of lesson. Most students can answer the questions correctly. It means that they understand well the text. Besides they even can improve their reading skills, they can also do in writing skills.
    In fact, preparation is very important for everything. Actually, it is also useful in doing microteaching. And I think it will be helpful for teacher in doing the real teaching and learning process in school. Because of doing preparation; reading exercises in microteaching, we can teach the lesson to the students systematically. It is essential because it can influence the result of achievement that will be reached by the students.
    I am sure that microteaching that I did is not still excellent enough. I need some improvement in doing it. Method that I took should be more interesting to motivate the students in studying the lesson. I should use some media that can make the clearer explanation. Furthermore, I should vary my exercises in order to get the valid evaluation as a reflection from the result of my microteaching.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Evi Uswatun Khasanah
    2201406503
    Rombel 3
    Members :
    1. Atik Hidayah
    2. Rizka Diviyanti
    3. Ratnawati

    MICROTEACHING REFLECTION-THURSDAY, 07.00
    Reading Lesson
    By the end of the lesson, the students are able to understand reading passage well and able to make a sentence in a good grammar.
    This reading passage tells about the tragic sinking of Titanic. In the first paragraph tells the description of Titanic ship, its luxury. That was the greatest ship ever made at that time. This Titanic is very sensational. The second paragraph tells chronology of Titanic sinking. I choose this reading passage because I think this passage is very interesting. Titanic is very popular story that number of people knows it. It teach us that nothing in this world that most great, except Allah SWT.
    In teaching, I used media that is a Picture of Titanic ship. I showed to the children how great that ship. Then I prepared key vocabularies, here I choose difficult word from the reading passage. I asked question one by one related to the key vocabularies then students response and so on. After all key vocabularies have known, I give them the reading passage and let them read it.
    For reading exercise, I use simple question that related to the passage. It question can measure the understanding of the students toward reading passage. If they can answer this question, it can be said that they have understand the text quite well. Then I give some incomplete sentences and asked them to complete those sentences by using key vocabularies. This can make the students know how and when they use those new difficult vocabularies correctly. After that, I asked the students to write the summaries by their own words. By this exercise we can measure how far the student understanding and trained them make a sentence in correct grammar.
    By preparing the reading exercise well, it can make us easy to control the class, we lead the students doing something and of course that exercise will make students get “more”, because we have prepare it before. We can prepare and analyze the exercise before we give it to the children. We choose what the students need. We as “will be a teacher” have to know what our students need. What something that can make them interested in.
    I applied what I have learned from Mr. Rohani’s lecture in my microteaching. Using the method step by step. Yes, I think by using key vocabularies first is very effective to make the students brainstorming their knowledge that related to the reading passage about. Then they will understand little, more, and more. It is easy enough I taught my friends, it will more difficult if we taught the “real students”.
    So, to improve my material and the microteaching are by practicing continually, again and again. Also we have to enrich our knowledge to make exercise by reading many books. The books that contain kinds of exercise, assessment, and so on. And we have to know how differentiate teaching listening, reading, speaking, and, writing skills. Those 4 skills has each different method.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Name : Virgiawan Listanto
    NIM : 2201406050
    Members: Wisdiyan Hadi H
    M. Gunarso
    Erwin Sih Utomo
    Kharisma C
    TEFL 2 (401-402)
    Microteaching Reflection-Thursday
    At the beginning of reading lesson we have to be aware of that reading is the process of identifying and understanding the meaning of the characters and words in written or printed material. Transferring information from printed material is one of the objectives of reading lesson.
    Now and again, some students fell tired of something to read any printed materials. So, before teaching reading lesson we have to create comfort situation to students. For instance, we can use particular pictures that related to reading passage that we are going to study. Second, we can also use visual aids that help us to deliver material to the students. Third, we can use particular modern devises such us computer, LCD projector, sound system. We should use kind of media above that make students easier to comprehend the aim of the text.
    In my reading lesson, I gave simple text about a student named Evi. She was a cleverest student in her classroom. Unfortunately, her father stopped working at factory. Consequently, she couldn’t pay school fee. Then, Budi her classmate invited her to go to the headmaster. They told about Evi’s problem. In short, Evi permitted to study again in her school because she was the cleverest student in her class. From my simple explanation, we can draw inference that in this case students should be able to have a handle on what the aim of the text. So they can take the moral value contained by the text.
    At the end of giving material of reading lesson, I prepared five true false exercises. The aim of this exercises that to know how the students understood. Then I use that to check whether they be on familiar terms with the text or not.
    After the students finished reading the passage, I gave them five true false exercises. That was so useful for us to make two ways communication between teacher and students. All my questions actually could be answered by them. In my opinion if they could respond the exercise they could know the text about. In my microteaching that I have done, the students are adept in answering that. I do not know the in real situation because in my microteaching my students are so brainy. There is another reason, which can be the questions I have been given to them are so easy even if in the real run of the mill students can answer it.
    After doing the microteaching, I have learned few things from preparing the reading exercise. A matter of fact we have to be careful in choosing reading passage and exercise, because we also have to consider to student’s awareness. So, they can gain knowledge of the material happily and comfort.
    Choosing type of exercise is also cannot be done only in our point of view. We have to regard as on the subject of valid, practical, and reliable. As a result, between the reading text and exercise is appropriate.
    Finally, to improve my material and the microteaching skill I have to do more practice. Not only that but also in delivering material I have to be more imaginative. This use for creating students’ concentration to the lesson would be more increase. Good preparation is also needed here, because without excellent preparation we cannot face some possibilities happen in the classroom.
    I have got some suggestions from my friend that I should get better. First, my pronunciation and gesture in delivering reading material is not good enough. Second, they told me that I had to use bigger pictures to make students who sat in back row uncomplicated to see. Third, I didn’t explore my visual aid effectively, and a little bit what I have brought, I didn’t use it. The last in my microteaching, I ever became blank, I mean I didn’t know what I’m going to say to my students.
    About the exercise I have given to my students, my friend in microteaching said that I shouldn’t make only true false exercise. I should be more creative in making exercise for instance multiple-choice or crossword puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kharisma Cleverian
    2201406038
    Group members :
    1.Virgiawan Listanto
    2.Wisdiyan Hadi Hastomo
    3.Erwin Sih Utomo
    4.Gunarso

    A REFLECTION ESSAY OF TEACHING READING

    In a reading class, students usually get bored because of an uninteresting reading passage and boring exercises or activities. So, in this occasion I will try to teach in reading class with my method. The aim of this microteaching is helps me to know whether my method of teaching in reading class is better or not.
    I had conducted a microteaching using reading passage and exercises prepared with four students on Tuesday April 14, 2009. The objectives of my lesson were:
    By the end of the lesson students were able to:
    1.Understand what the characteristics of successful students are.
    2.Try to do the suggestion in passage in their daily activities.
    3.Understand the difficult words or vocabularies in the reading passage.
    In this microteaching I prepared a reading passage with a hortatory text. The text has the social function, to persuade the reader or listener that something should or should not be the case. In here, the author explained the characteristics of a successful student and what should the students do. They were reviewing the passage, play with the vocabulary, and true-false statements. And this text mention the steps how to be a successful student, there are: hard work, punctuality, healthy (competitive spirit), good study habit, love for teacher, more reading and less TV, fair play examination, learning from mistakes, and the last is mastery of language.
    I had tried making a lesson plan in my microteaching. First, after opening the class, the lesson beginning by reading a hortatory text entitles “Characteristics of a Successful Students”. Then we did the first exercise. I asked the students to read the text one by one then we reviewed the passage. This exercise or activity had a goal to cheek whether the students understand the passage or not, and when the students read the passage loudly, we can check their pronunciation. I asked the students one by one if they understand the content of the passage or not. Then I explained about the generic structure of the text. There are Thesis, Arguments, and Recommendation. This activity was effective enough because the students’ responses were quite good and it indicated that the students understood the content of the text.
    The next exercise was “play with the vocabulary”. I had prepared to exercise play with vocabulary. They were synonym and antonym items. First, the students divided into two groups, then one group search some of the words which I give to them and they search the synonym of the words. The other groups search the antonym. Team which finished the exercises faster and had more correct answers became the winner.
    These exercises were very effective because the students were very involved in the lesson. They were very enthusiastic in answering the questions better than the others so that they were active in class and it very influenced to the next exercise.
    In the last exercise that was “TRUE – FALSE STATEMENTS”, the students were very active. I prepared some statements then the students had to decide whether the statements were TRUE or FALSE based on the passage. I called their name and read the question. This activity or exercise was very effective because I could know whether the students understood the passage or not, they read the passage or not.
    Before closing the lesson, I asked the students what is the conclusion from this lesson. Some of them gave responses, for example, “we should try those steps if we want to be a successful students “, and “never give up to reach our dream”, etc. So I can conclude that the exercises and activities prepared were effective.
    From the preparation and microteaching itself, I can learn that if we want to succeed in teaching reading, we have to prepare an interesting passage and exercise or activity in the classroom. How we teach the students or the method which we used is the key. How we make the teaching and learning process was not bored. Although we have prepare a very interesting passage and exercise but we cannot teach with an appropriate activity it will be nothing. And to make us success in teaching, we should practice more and more. We know the proverb “knowing is nothing, applying what you know is everything.” Then we should know that a good teaching begins from know to unknown. In teaching reading, we not only give the passage but also we should explain the difficult words in the passage, sometimes we can translate the passage in Indonesian. Beside this we have to create an interesting activity and attract the students’ attention, so the students will be involved in the lesson. The last the activity should not out of from the basic material.
    To improve the materials and the microteaching, at least we have to consider two things. First, the preparation, the reading passage and the exercises should be well-prepared. In choosing the reading passage we have to make sure that the reading passage can make the students interested. The material should be appropriate with the level of the students, it means that the material not too difficult and not too easy. The exercises should be matched with the passage and of course we have to master or understand both the reading passage and the exercises.
    We have to improve our skill, in my opinion to improve our material we should reading more and more, reading everything especially the hottest news. And to improve our microteaching, we have to practice more and more, accept the critical from the other and always make it better and better. What we done to set series of activities in the learning and teaching process and make it different in every session and we should be creative to do it. How to make students’ not bored, encourage, and curiosity with our activity which we prepared. How the activities prepared can attract the students’ attention so that they can involve in the learning and teaching process and finally students are able to understand the material given or taught to them.

    ReplyDelete